Every time you put in and run Outlook in your Mac for the primary time, you will probably be prompted so as to add an email account. Without one, you possibly can’t send nor receive emails. Furthermore, you may as well add several different email accounts to Outlook, including Gmail, Office 365, Yahoo Mail, and iCloud. And make the most of our email hosting plans to your skilled communication with clients, business partners, and the like.
It’s possible you’ll notice that after adding your first account, it could be quite difficult to work out methods to add one other. Just a few of the e-mail providers resembling Yahoo, Gmail, and Cloud allow adding these email accounts to Outlook only after you tweak the settings.
In this text, we are going to make your complete process easier for you. We are going to discover among the common issues users face while establishing Outlook on Mac and methods to treatment them. We may also take you thru the ways of establishing Outlook on Mac.
Common Issues While Using Outlook for iMac
The next are among the most typical issues users encounter with Outlook in Mac and the ways on methods to resolve them:
1. Third-party apps (LaunchBar, Virex, etc.) indexing content can decelerate performance
Learn how to fix: You may resolve the problem by adding the Users//Documents/Office 2011/2016/2019 Identities folder within the exclusion list if any of those apps exclude certain directories.
2. Doesn’t support signature alternative in the e-mail message
Learn how to fix: Every time you are attempting adding a recent signature to interchange the present one, Outlook for Mac falters and finally ends up adding the brand new signature as a substitute of replacing it. To repair this, one of the best ways is to make use of the manual method by going to the settings and removing the present signature.
3. Outlook doesn’t sync with the Exchange Server mailbox
Learn how to fix: There are five ways to repair this issue:
3.1. Turn off the offline mode on Mac Outlook. Check the Outlook Menu to see when you are in offline mode. If it’s enabled, switch it off to disable the feature.
3.2. Check if there’s connection between Outlook and the Exchange Server. Open Tools > Accounts and search for the Exchange account within the left pane. If the indicator icon beside the account is orange, contact your Exchange server admin to revive the connection.
3.3. Update Outlook. Go to Help > Check for Updates > Microsoft AutoUpdate. Click Robotically and select your selected frequency within the Check for Updates section. Click the Check for Updates button to download and install the newest updates.
3.4. Rebuild Outlook for Mac File. Close Outlook and other Microsoft applications. Search for Microsoft Database Utility in Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office. Open this system and select the identity of the database that you should rebuild. Click the Rebuild option. Note: This method is applicable for Outlook for Mac 2011 only.
3.5. Clear Cache. Open the folder list from the left side panel > Right click the folder that’s causing the issue click Properties > General tab > Empty Cache > Okay.
READ: 10 Expert Suggestions for a Fast-Growing Email List
Learn how to Set Up Outlook Email for iMac in 3 Ways
1. Signing in With an Existing Account
For those who have already got an existing Microsoft 365 account, there are two ways to do check in:
- Select Outlook;
- Enter your email address and password;
- Click Add Account; and
- Select Done.
In its place, you may as well follow these steps;
- Click Tools;
- Select Accounts; and
- Click the plus sign (+) so as to add one other account.
2. Adding One other Email Account
Outlook permits you to add your other email accounts so you possibly can manage your email in the identical application. For those who don’t know the variety of email server your account uses, it’s best to envision together with your email provider, administrator, or web service provider.
- Open the Outlook application. On the upper left of the menu, Select Preferences, Click Accounts. A prompt will appear. Click the plus sign (+) at the lower left so as to add one other account. For those who’re using your Google account, type in your email. You’ll then be directed to Google.com where you’ll must enter your email address and password over again. The identical goes for other email providers—you will probably be directed to their website, too.
- Once done, you will probably be prompted to offer Microsoft apps & services permission to access your mail, contacts, and calendars. Click Allow. Your Google mail will now be accessible in your Outlook.
3. Through IMAP Configuration
Outlook for Mac now supports IMAP accounts for all its users. IMAP stands for Web Access Message Protocol. While you use IMAP, it gives you access to your mail and it synchronises the changes you made across the several devices you employ. This is good when you move from one device to a different often to access your mail.
For those who enter an email address and Outlook cannot discover a match, you will probably be asked to decide on a provider. That is where you’ll select IMAP/POP.
- Enter IMAP.mail for the incoming server and ensure to tick the box next to ‘Use SSL to attach.’
- Enter SMTP.mail for the outgoing server and check the box next to ‘Use SSL to attach.’
- Select Override standard port and enter ‘465’ in case the port doesn’t change to 465 by itself.
Once you have got successfully followed the steps above, click the Add Account icon. This can complete the means of establishing your email in Outlook. All the e-mail accounts you have got added will show within the left pane of Outlook.
Check the Settings
The account settings could be found once you click Outlook > Preferences > Account. Check if all of the settings are entered as follows:
- Each Email ID and Username show the total email address e.g., email@example.com
- The incoming server name should follow: imap. followed by the precise domain name e.g., imap.email.com
- The outgoing server name should follow: smtp. followed by the precise domain name e.g., smtp.email.com
- Be certain that so as to add the accurate port numbers (Incoming IMAP 993 or POP 995, Outgoing 465)
- Be certain that to pick Use SSL to attach
Subscribe to an Email Hosting Plan Today
Running Microsoft Outlook on Mac allows users to do all the things—from sending and receiving emails, to saving contacts and creating calendar events. Nonetheless, when you’re a business owner with a web site, it’s essential to have a proper email address with your corporation name for official branding and identity so you possibly can easily establish trust and authority.
For those who’re lost on where to search out a reliable email hosting provider, head on over to Crazy Domains for various email hosting plans at an inexpensive price. Contact our team today to search out the perfect plan for you.