Top Chat GPT Statistics
- After only one week since its release, ChatGPT has already amassed a couple of million users.
- OpenAI, the corporate that owns ChatGPT, estimates that they’ll have the opportunity to herald one billion dollars of revenue by the top of 2024.
- OpenAI’s value was raised by ChatGPT to USD 29 billion. Currently, OpenAI is among the many most useful American firms.
- By the top of 2023, there will likely be around 1 billion ChatGPT users.
- GPT 3 was downloaded 3,771 times from people positioned all around the world within the initial 10 days of January 2023, whereas the app Lia ChatGPT was downloaded 3,560 times in the course of the same timeframe.
- In response to reports, Microsoft will purportedly integrate ChatGPT into its Bing search engine in 2023.
- The share of female users of ChatGPT, DALLE 2, and GPT 3 is 30.4%, whereas the share of male users is 69.4%.
- When GPT-4 is finally released in 2023, it’s anticipated that it’ll have a storage capability of as much as 280 billion ML parameters. In contrast, GPT-3 has the power to store 175 billion ML parameters, while GPT-2 has 1.5 billion ML parameters.
- Microsoft is anticipated to integrate OpenAI’s ChatGPT chatbot technology into Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook by 2023.
- A share sale that might increase ChatGPT’s overall price to $29 billion and place it among the many most useful US businesses with modest revenues is now being discussed.
- Inside a number of days, ChatGPT’s trends went from lower than 1% to 100%.
- Many easy inquiries received incorrect replies from ChatGPT.
- Stack Overflow has banned ChatGPT.
- 570 GB of knowledge from textbooks, journals, and web pages served because the training data for ChatGPT.
- As a consequence of the undeniable fact that ChatGPT’s training was terminated in 2021, it will possibly only retrieve data from before that 12 months.
Revenue of ChatGPT
By the top of 2023, ChatGPT is projected to generate $200 million (Reuters 2)
Realistically, $200 million in revenue is anticipated to be generated by the top of this 12 months (2023), which is a step toward the forecast of $1 billion by 2024. The numbers and the forecasted revenue for 2024 were originally reported by Reuters.
These figures exhibit how optimistic the Silicon Valley technology industry is in regards to the way forward for ChatGPT and OpenAI. They consider that there will likely be rather a lot more underlying and prospective technology than what’s now shown.
Popularity of ChatGPT
A million people signed up for ChatGPT inside the first five days after it was released in November, 2022 (Statista)
In response to a report presented by OpenAI itself, ChatGPT was first made available to the general public on November 30, 2022. In just five short days, the appliance gained a couple of million users.
Global consumers installed the software Lia ChatGPT 3,560 times within the initial 10 days of January 2023, in comparison with 3,771 downloads of GPT 3 (Statista)
Implications of ChatGPT
ChatGPT scored a C+ on University of Minnesota graduate examinations and a B to B- on Wharton School exams in a blinded test (CNN)
The instructors on the University of Minnesota Law School scored the examinations blindfolded to see how effectively ChatGPT could produce responses on exams for the 4 subjects.
Following the completion of 95 MCQs and 12 essay questions, the bot achieved a mark that was below average but sufficient to pass all 4 classes. It did so by performing equivalently to a C+ student overall.
Professors are making adjustments in response to doubts regarding a potent recent AI tool, ChatGPT, which performed higher on a test for a business management course at Wharton, where it received a B to B-.
Chat GPT banned in 7 Countries As a consequence of Security Concerns
As a consequence of security issues, ChatGPT will not be accessible in all countries, a few of that are major (OpenAI Beta)
The next seven nations would not have access to CPT-3 or ChatGPT technology.
On condition that Russia, Iran, and Ukraine are on the list of countries related to terrorism, it will not be surprising that they’re prohibited from using it and not using a VPN.
Quite a few Egyptians have also complained that they’re unable to make use of the chatbot.
This doesn’t imply that it won’t ultimately be accessible in the vast majority of nations worldwide. It also doesn’t imply that it won’t be prohibited in additional countries.
Advantages of ChatGPT
ChatGPT is amongst essentially the most receptive and effective chatbots (Emeritus)
ChatGPT is considered one among the industry’s handiest chatbots. For users, ChatGPT incorporates among the most useful and efficient use cases. These qualities consist of the next:
- It enables users to rectify replies in the long run.
- It keeps track of previous answers and commands.
- With a purpose to prevent objectionable results from being created, it offers filters to filter searches through an API moderation tool. It is meant to disregard any potential sexist or racist cues.
- ChatGPT currently performs higher than every other chatbot in the marketplace.
Limitations of ChatGPT
When a matter about anything occurs after September 2021, ChatGPT will deny its access to that data, and you will notice this notification addressing this restriction.
ChatGPT is Restricted to Existing Data Until 2021 (Open Sky News)
This technology’s training concluded in September 2021; subsequently, its knowledge is restricted to 2021 and preceding years.
Because of this, it currently has a minimum threshold for data that it could use.
Moreover, it informs you that after that date, it cannot access or surf the web for data.
Latest App Goals to Combat AI-Generated Essays in Academia
A student at Princeton University named Edward Tian claims to have created an app that may discover essays written employing ChatGTP (The Guardian)
In response to Edward Tian, his GPTZero software can tell if an essay was produced by an individual or a pc program.
The app will remain free to ensure that all academic establishments to have access to it.
Tian claims that he spent his Latest Yr’s Day developing a program that might aid instructors in identifying plagiarism and essay-writing software.
This app is anticipated to change into live in mid- to late-January 2023. That seems fascinating. Right? This demonstrates how quickly technology can advance.
OpenAI’s ChatGPT Joins Forces with Bing for Smarter Search Results
After making a hefty $1 billion investment in OpenAI, Microsoft is now attempting to integrate ChatGPT into its Bing search engine (The Guardian)
In response to The Guardian’s reports, Microsoft and OpenAI join forces to supply more interesting search results for its Bing search engine. The system converses with users and offers them more intelligent responses using a mixture of AI and natural language processing. Microsoft expects ChatGPT to boost the user experience and contribute to increasing visitation to its search engine.
Chat GPT Stats Final Words
So these are the important thing Chat GPT statistics. As you’ll be able to see Chat GPT unquestionably has a substantial distance to go considering the expanding scope of artificial intelligence (AI) and the preponderance of bots that simulate human behavior. OpenAI is currently working on improving the model and removing among the restrictions that it currently has.
Because OpenAI is at all times working to enhance it, now we have high hopes that Chat GPT will in the future provide us with a more accurate and foolproof representation of the model. Despite essentially the most recent upgrade, it was discovered that the embedding model of Chat GPT functions more effectively.
- Infographic: ChatGPT sprints to 1 million users. (2023, January 24). Statista Infographics. https://www.statista.com/chart/29174/time-to-one-million-users/
- Ruby, D. (2022, January). ChatGPT statistics for 2023: Comprehensive facts and data. Demand Sage. https://www.demandsage.com/chatgpt-statistics
- 45 ChatGPT statistics for 2023 : The world’s largest language model. (2023, January 23). CUFinder. https://companyurlfinder.com/blog/chatgpt-statistics-2023/
- Patil, N. (2023, January 26). Chat GPT ultimate trends you absolutely must try in 2023. Bigscal – Software Development Company. https://www.bigscal.com/blogs/latest-technology-news/chat-gpt-trends/
- Chatbot ChatGPT keyword app downloads worldwide 2023. (2023, January 12). Statista. https://www.statista.com/statistics/1357710/chatbot-chatgpt-keyword-app-downloads/
- Ahlgren, M., & WSR Team. (2023, January 28). OpenAI statistics & facts for 2023 (DALL·E, ChatGPT & GPT-3.5). Website Rating. https://www.websiterating.com/research/openai-statistics/
- Kelly, S. M. (2023, January 26). ChatGPT passes exams from law and business schools | CNN business. CNN. https://edition.cnn.com/2023/01/26/tech/chatgpt-passes-exams/index.html
- Exclusive: ChatGPT owner OpenAI projects $1 billion in revenue by 2024. (2022, December 15). Reuters. https://www.reuters.com/business/chatgpt-owner-openai-projects-1-billion-revenue-by-2024-sources-2022-12-15/
- Siddiqui, U. (2022, December 8). OpenAI’s ChatGPT is an excellent tool however the event data is proscribed to September 2021. Open Sky News. https://openskynews.com/openais-chatgpt-event-data-is-limited-to-september-2021/034092/
- ChatGPT: Optimizing language models for dialogue. (2022, November 30). OpenAI. https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/
- College student claims app can detect essays written by chatbot ChatGPT. (2023, January 11). the Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/jan/12/college-student-claims-app-can-detect-essays-written-by-chatbot-chatgpt
- 7 best ChatGPT user and company facts as of Jan 2023. (n.d.). MK’s Guide. https://www.mksguide.com/7-best-chatgpt-user-and-company-facts/